HUMAN, DO MORE THAN JUST EXIST

Saturday, July 30, 2016

How to score A in extended essay (1. Research Question)

In the name of Allah, the most compassionate and the most merciful

Hello there, this post actually is a wake up call for me to share my knowledge and skills for my beloved juniors in Kolej MARA Banting who are struggling to score A in extended essay in the IB programme. These are some of the details about my EE

Subject : World Religion
Topic    : Islamophobia and Hijab (headscarf)
Title     : To what extent does Hijab can contribute to the Islamophobia level of Non- Muslim students in University Technology Malaysia?
IB result: A (32 Points)

Though our subject in EE might be different, but I will share the general knowledge that I gained from my advisors to score each element in this mini thesis. I guarantee that you can apply this knowledge for your master thesis and also pHD. It is a very basic knowledge and core info that you have to know in order to get it right.

Any problem  you can leave a comment or call me directly or send me an email
I am glad to help you out. Chaiyok!

Okay, there are several components which are very important in your mini thesis. 
( you can click on the component to visit directly to the post)

1. Research Question + Operational Framework
2. Abstract
3. Introduction
4. Literature Review
5. Methodology
6. Result & Analysis
7. Discussion
8. Conclusion
9. Reference

Today, I will start with the structure of the research question.  

1. Concept of " How does" and " To what extent"



So what to do now?
Once you finish your EE, read it all over again and ask yourself
- Did my EE give me something new? Then you should choose " How does"
- Am i able to argue with all my findings? if yes, Then you should choose " To what extent"

Why it is so important?
- Because the reader will expect more when you use the word " To what extent"
- The word hint the reader about the concept of your EE

So... choose wisely.





No comments:

Post a Comment

CARA MENERBITKAN BUKU DI MALAYSIA