HUMAN, DO MORE THAN JUST EXIST

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Interview Program Ijazah Dalam dan Luar Negara dan Cemerlang IPMa sesi 2014/ 2015


MARA interview 
April 26, 2014

I still remember that moment. It was a year ago. 
Being the SPM leaver, I spent almost 3 months of my time just to fill up
the scholarship forms,
I did it all by myself. Just getting the opinion from my parents about
important things.

Went to the interview session, met with a lot of incredible people.
Developing my ability to give opinion  and express my thought.
The important thing is the CONFIDENT and POSITIVE THINKING.

I was in Kolej MARA Banting, the last place for my interview 
as this was the last scholarship I applied, the tenth one.
after Maybank, Petronas, JAD-MJHEP, Yayasan Khazanah, IPG, JPA and others
and this was the only scholarship that offered medicine course.
Which is SO Me!!! Who loves to interact with others. 
and LOVES to help people.

It was my only hope! the last opportunity for me to do my very best.
A day before the interview, I stayed at one of the hotel near KMB.
That night, it was a stage where I nearly gave up.
I failed in the Petronas interview which was being held at UTM, Kuala Lumpur.

but, it was not the end of the world. 
" Tomorrow will be my day! My day! In sya allah!"

The attire for tomorrow is sport attire?
Are we going to have a physical test? Just like IPG?
Everyone in the SBP group keep on wondering,
Guessing what will be the activity.
If it is a physical test; I would love it so much!
I have lost a lot of weight during the past 3 months.
Yes! Hopefully I can do my best. Being active and energetic.

Then, the day come. It was Saturday morning, 
Wearing my sport shoes, my heart was pounding as I was extremely nervous
Extrapolating to the maximum level.
8 am in the morning. We were required to gather in the hall
Wow! Subhanallah! There are too many people!
Too many students!
and absolutely!
Too many competitors!
I guessed it was about 200+. Just for Medicine course to Ireland!
Only 60 student will be chosen.

Mashallah!
Is it possible for me?
Yes! In sya allah! Just be myself.

Okay, my interview session was at 12 noon. 
We were divided into a group of 10 members.
The interview 100% in English Language.
The first interview was:

1) Group discussion 
We were given a picture of a respectful leader.
It was our former Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir!
My idol! He was great! hehe I adore him so much!

Then, the interviewers which were actually the lecturer itself asked us to 
discuss about Tun Dr. Mahathir's contributions to our country.
It was a very broad discussion. My group-mate provided a lot of information
and we talked comfortably.

Basically, that aim of this activity is to evaluate our soft skills in communication
and our knowledge about this country. About what was currently happened in this 
world or precisely about the global issues.

2) Individual Response
The interviewer asked 1 question to each one of us but differ from others.
As far as I remember it was about the Islamic teaching.
Which was totally surprised us!
We were questioned with:
Groupmate 1: Opinion about Hudud
Groupmate 2 :5 pillar of Islam in english
Groupmate 3: Reciting doa qunut
Groupmate 4: Which is me! Hehe. about why I wear Hijab
Groupmate 5: Rakaat in Solat Jenazah

I am sorry, I can remember only this 5 questions. But, some of us can't answer
the question completely. Maybe because she/ he was so nervous.

You know what? Just relax and answer what you have in mind. Take a minute, construct your sentence and go for it! Confidently! Yeah!
Show them that you can  do it!

3) Group activity
We were given 5 minutes of break. During this moment, there was an evaluation 
form. We need to evaluate our friend' s performance for the 2 previous activity.
Fuh! It was not easy at all because they were my competitors.
But, I believe if you help people, then Allah swt will ease your way to get the scholarship. In sya allah.

Okay, our last activity, was the climax of this interview
as it was the answer to our sport attire!
We gonna play a game!
It was called a " Shrinking blanket"
A piece of paper will be folded up to the smallest length
Then, we have to figure out the way to make sure
No toe touch the ground.
It was impossible right?

From 10 members we were divided into 3 groups.
And at a certain period the game was on with songs and excitement.
Then, as the game end, we sat on the chair giving our own reflections 
of the activity.

The reflection will be about the leadership, teamwork, tolerance and wisdom.

It was an experience for me. Flashing back this wonderful time.
Make me realize how grateful I am to be in KMB now
pursuing in International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
for Medicine course.

and with that! I will strive till the end in this journey. Amin!



My 10 groupmate! Our memory together will never fade away!









1 comment:

  1. And now you are in KMB... :) Enjoy and do your best Along

    ReplyDelete

CARA MENERBITKAN BUKU DI MALAYSIA